Sunday, June 10, 2012

City of Bones

Okay, I know there's a good chance that you've already read this one. Sadly, I've only just now gotten around to reading it. If you have read it, well obviously  you have no need for the review. If you haven't, well that's what I'm here to convince you to do. Believe me, it's well worth it. It's definitely going to be added to my collection. Anyway, here's City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.
When fifteen-year-old Clary witnesses a murder by three tattooed teenagers in a nightclub one night in New York City, she thinks about calling the police. The only problem is, the body immediately disappears into thin air and no one can see the teenagers except her. Strange? I think yes. Things get even stranger--and scarier--when she goes home to find her mother missing and a horrific demon ransacking the place. Terrified and seeking answers, she encounters Jace-- a Shadowhunter, and one of the killers from the club. Legend says that the first Shadowhunters were born from the mixed blood of angels and men, and were born to fight the demons who threatened to wreak havoc on the earth. That's what they've always done. Anyway, Jace introduces her to others like him, and the world of the Shadowhunters. Unknown to humans, faeries inhabit Central Park, werewolves prowl the streets, and vampires ride demonically-powered motorbikes. Over this comes a threat to plunge this into chaos: Valentine, a radical shunned Shadowhunter who has his own plans for the world. Clary must learn how she fits into this new world, and how she can help stop Valentine before it's too late.
This is such a good book! It's really funny, has very complex characters, and made you want to never put it down. And even though the review might have made it sound a little cheesy, it's really not. VERY well written and interesting, and it's worth it for any age to read. I would recommend it to girls and boys alike. It's at Kettleson, Mt. Edgecumbe, and SHS, although I don't know if those last two are open. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to immerse myself in the second book of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment