Sunday, November 13, 2011

Audrey, Wait!


Okay, I have an essay, an eight minute presentation, and a poster to work on, so you should feel lucky that I even got time to do this. Still, I guess it was a good thing that I read this book. I’ve been kinda stressed lately, and this book totally cheered me up. I swear, I got so many weird looks because I was laughing out loud at things in it. So, Audrey, Wait by Robin Benway is of more of a normal teen book, no fantasy or anything like that. Trust me, it’s really good.
                Audrey, Wait's main theme is definitely music, and how it can make you feel anything from happiness, to sadness, to anger, to utter embarrassment (which applies here). It's about a normal girl living near LA named Audrey (shocker) who has a deadbeat boyfriend, a job at an ice cream place called the Scooper Dooper (need I say more?), and a slightly insane best friend (don’t we all?). She decides to break up with aforementioned deadbeat BF Evan, due to a very long list of reasons. Unfortunately, Evan is in a band and decides to pour out his feelings into a song called Audrey, Wait, perhaps the only good song the band has ever played. Much to Audrey’s horror, the song gets famous, almost overnight. Everyone in the country knows the song, and even worse, knows it’s about her. She’s suddenly getting calls from reporters, and stalked by paparazzi (seriously, not as much fun as you’d think).  Her every action is being documented and twisted in a not-so-good way.  A fight with her best friend is the final straw, and Audrey decides that she’s had enough. The only question is, how will she fix the huge mess she’s in?
                So, as I’ve said before, this book is awesome. The only thing is, it’s got a bit of language here and there, so if you’re very conservative I’d say don’t read it. Though, I’d say overall the language shouldn’t be much of a deterrent. It's totally your loss if you don't read it, because this book is hilarious and great for anyone who needs a mood-lightener.  It’s available at Kettleson, Blatchley, and Sitka High.

No comments:

Post a Comment